Now-a-days female disorders are quite common, many woman’s will develop one or more of them during their whole lifetime. Most causes of female disorders are currently unknown.
What are female disorders?
The female reproductive organ includes the ovaries, Fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina and cervix. Disorders affecting any one of these organs are referred to as female disorders.
Organ wise distribution of disorders is as follows:
Signs and symptoms:
• Irregular menses
• Pelvic pain during menses
• Pelvic pain during intercourse
• Pain while passing stools
• Difficulty emptying bladder
• Hormonal abnormalities
•Black coloured stool
1.Follicular cyst:- This cyst can form when ovulation does not occur or when the mature follicle collapse.
2.Corpus luteum cyst:- This cyst can form after an egg has been released from follicle, which becomes corpus luteum. If baby forming does not occur the corpus luteum will break down and disappear.
3. Haemorrhagic cyst:- This functional cyst occurs when there is bleeding within the cyst.
4. Dermoid cyst:- This is a benign type of cyst occurring during the reproductive cycle
5. Endometrioma:- It is a part of endometriosis. This type of cyst occurs when the endometrial tissues are present on the ovaries.
Disorders affecting uterus are:
1. Fibroids- Uterine fibroids are benign tumours in the uterus.
• Abnormal uterine bleeding
• Pelvic pain
• Pressure in the bladder with frequent urination
• Pressure in the rectum with pain while defecation
2. Uterine polyps- It is the mass in the inner lining of uterus. The cause is unknown.
Common symptoms being
•Bleeding between the menstrual bleeding
•Heavy menstrual bleeding
•Vaginal bleeding after menopause
•If the polyp protrudes through the cervix into the vagina it may be painful
3.Polycystic ovarian syndrome– It is the condition in which there is imbalance of female sex hormones.
Common symptoms are:
• Weight gain and difficulty reducing weight
• Unwanted hairs on the face and body
• Thinning of scalp hairs
• Irregular menses
• Difficulty in conceiving
Disorders affecting cervix are:
1.Cervical cancer- It is the cancer that starts in the cervix. It may be asymptomatic unless it has progressed to advanced stage, common symptoms are
2Excessive vaginal bleeding
5. Vaginal bleeding after menopause